Hey guys! Quick check in before the end of the decade..
I can’t believe how fast the end of this year snuck up on ius. It’s odd because I feel like this was the LONGEST year of my life ya’ll!! So much loss and depression, but ya girl made it through!
I know it’s been a little while since I posted but holidays are always a crazy time for everyone. So let me just dig right in to my topic: Did you enjoy the holidays or did you just survive them? We still have one more coming up so I really wanted to shed some light on this because so many people are just pushing through with the hopes that next year they’ll have something to look forward to during the holidays.
Holidays can be such a joyous time but what if you suffered the loss of a loved one? Does your family live states away like mine? Is your mental health in shambles? Did you just go through a painful breakup? Are you financially stressed? Do you work retail and have to spend the entire season serving other families who don’t even appreciate the sacrifice you’re making?
If you answered yes to any of those and you’re simply dragging through this season, it’s almost over! You’re almost at the finish line!! But what you need to do now is focus on how you can cross into the new decade with your spirit a little more intact. Here’s some tips that have either helped me in the past years or that I’m going to try this year:
- Write out your goals! Maybe you only have one (to be happier next year) or maybe you have a list. Write that shit out and put it somewhere that you’ll see t every day. Tape it to your mirror. Set a daily alarm on your phone. Make a vision board (I’m doing that for the first time ever).
- Bring in the new decade with at least one person who reciprocates your love or in a place that makes you feel at peace. The past few years, I’ve welcomed the new year with the same group of close friends. Nothing elaborate, just a simple night of food and laughter. This year I’ll probably bring it in at home, but that’s fine because my home brings me peace.
- Write down your gratitude’s for 2019. Now, this is a new one for me but I’m going to do it. I know I said this year sucked but truthfully, I kicked ass! Just to give you an example: the first thing on my list will say, “I beat depression once again”. If that’s the only thing you’re grateful for, I’m proud of you!
- Take self-accountability. Whew! This is a big one. Pay attention folks: YOU ARE NOT ALWAYS THE VICTIM! Some things that happened to you were your karma. Some things were the effect of some shit you caused. Some situations ended because YOU WERE THE PROBLEM! So let’s do some self-reflecting and figure out how you’re going to be a better you. Work on yourself!
- Put good vibrations/ energy into the world. If you follow me, you know that I believe in God. I firmly believe that if you are a blessing to others, you will be blessed in return. However, you should never do “good deeds” for the sake of the getting them in return. Just do good and be good. When the clock counts down, take those last 10 seconds to not only exhale all the bullshit you’ve been carrying around with you all 2019, but to inhale all the infinite blessings that will rain upon you in 2020 an thereafter. Claim it!!
So, are you ready?? Time keeps moving whether we want it to or not. Start this new decade the way you want it to end. For me, that’s with peace, love, clarity, happiness, and gratitude.
Until next time; Be YOU. Do YOU. LOVE YOU💜