I’m a few days past due but I’m back!! This past week was Thanksgiving & the holidays are now in full effect. This time of year can be very unsettling for a lot of people and truth be told, I don’t know yet if I’m unsettled or not.
Holidays have always been a little rough for me because my parents and brother are 5hrs and 3 states away. My sister lives down the street but we honestly don’t see each other as much as we should.
Nonetheless, my holiday season is always full of my boyfriends family, with a sprinkle of my sister and niece. Thank God for FaceTime because I’d probably lose my mind if I weren’t able to see my family’s faces.
This holiday season hasn’t started out too bad but there’s a few things I’m doing to make sure I keep floating along (and not letting myself drown in the endless thoughts of what if.)
- Keeping myself busy by spending time with my village. I have a pretty solid group of people who I know undoubtedly love me and just want to see me happy. I had family dinner with some of them tonight 🙂
- Constantly telling myself that I am loved and everything is going to be okay. It seems pretty cliché but it works for me. I wake up every day and I tell myself it’s going to be a great day no matter what.
- Praying. Plain and simple. My spirituality keeps me grounded and has honestly helped me to still be here. I’m not trying to force anyone into to believing in God, but trust me when I tell you: if you don’t believe now, you will 😉
- Staying hydrated and making sure I eat enough. This may seem unimportant but it’s a huge deal. Drinking enough water and remembering to eat more than one meal a day was very hard for me in the early stages of my depression. Being conscious of what (and how much) I’m putting into my body has definitely helped with my energy and my attitude.
- Getting enough sleep. Get your rest people!!Enough said.
I still have to get through the next three months but hey, I made it through Thanksgiving!
Until next time; Be YOU. Do YOU. LOVE YOU💜